- NBN Enterprises, LLC (“NBN Enterprises”, “we”, or “us”) owns and operates a set of specialty service-related directories; including PlumbingServiceDirectory.com. The purpose of our directories is to share the information you provide as an interested customer with those specific third-party service provider you identify.
- NBN Enterprises receives no finder’s fee, revenue share, or other monetary compensation for connecting you to the service provider of the services you are interested in.
- You don’t have to provide any information about yourself to check the information and services that a specific service provider is offering, or otherwise browse our directories.
- When you use NBN Enterprises’ websites, even if you simply search our directories, we receive some personal information from you such as the type of device you’re using and your IP address. We also use tracking data during your active session on our directories so you can move around the site and go back to previously visited information without losing that information.
- You can choose to share additional information with us, including your email address, phone number, or mailing address. You do this by completing an online interest form so we can connect you with a service provider.
- As a service provider advertising on our directories or listing your services, you are a third-party business customer of NBN Enterprises. Your use and participation in our directories will be governed by your contract with NBN Enterprises as well as by other separate terms, conditions, and agreements as posted at the bottom of each directory page. As a business customer, you will provide NBN Enterprises with detailed information on your business and your services offered. You will also designate employees as key contacts (and provide their detailed contact information) for your NBN Enterprises relationship. All information you provide to NBN Enterprises should be tied to your business or dealership – please don’t provide any personal contact information or data as part of our business relationship.
- If you buy an ad on our directories to market your business services, you will be required to provide certain personal information to NBN Enterprises to complete the transaction, as well as to protect both you and potential customers from fraud. This additional personal information may include payment data (such as credit card information) or detailed information about you including your driver’s license, business information, location of business, or proof of ownership. As disclosed in more detail below, we use third-party processing to manage and protect this sensitive personal information. We do not obtain, store, or tie this additional personal data to your NBN Enterprises account or directory activity nor does this information get shared in detail with the service providers.
- PlumbingServiceDirectory.com is a subsidiary of NBN Enterprises, LLC. We may share your information from our directories with the directories or affinity sites of other direct or indirect subsidiaries of our parent.
- You have the ability to adjust your browser settings to manage how we or other websites track your browsing activity. More information can be found at StaySafeOnline.org. Additionally, you can manage the advertising presented to you while browsing any website through the Ad Choices link at the bottom of each page in our directories.
- If you have questions about this policy, how we collect or process your personal data, or anything else related to our privacy practices, we want to hear from you. You can contact us at any time at our Contact Us page or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you do not agree with our privacy policies and practices as outlined below, your choice is not to use our directories to connect you with service providers. For some directories, you may call service providers directly or visit them in person – we would appreciate your letting them know you found them through PlumbingServiceDirectory.com.
This policy covers the following directories underneath the NBN Enterprises umbrella. They are used to connect businesses, renters and homeowners with professional service providers.
This policy applies to information we collect from or about you through our directories and in email between you and a directory. Additionally, we may retain records of our communications through other media (such as phone and mail) based on questions or inquiries you provide.
INFORMATION YOU SHARE WITH US
We require certain information to provide our services to you, whether you are a customer or service provider. For example, you must have an account with us in order to list services offered. When you choose to share the information below with us, we collect and use this information to operate our directories and to connect you with relevant service providers.
Guest Searching to Basic Request and Account Information: You don’t have to create an account to use some of our directory features, such as searching for service providers in your locale. If you choose to receive our newsletters, create an account on our directories, participate in sweepstakes/give-a-ways, or engage in other directory activities, you must provide us with some personal data so we can enroll you in those services or set-up your account. Each contact form, interest form, account set-up, or reservation request identifies the required personal data fields to be completed prior to submitting it to us. Additional fields may be shown but are not required to complete your submission.
When you register for a newsletter, enter a sweepstakes, or set up an account, we may ask for your email address and/or your first name and last name. If you ask to be connected to a service provider, we ask you to provide, in addition to the above, additional contact information such as your phone number and physical address.
Public Information – Customer Reviews: Some of our directories include the ability for customers to provide reviews or comments regarding service providers. Your comments and reviews are posted publicly on our directory. Prior to posting your review or comments, we will assess your posting to ensure it meets our content standards and is not inappropriate, offensive, or discriminatory.
If you would like to have your posted customer review removed from a directory, please send us a request through our Contact Us page. Please provide sufficient information to help us to identify the Customer Review that you wish to have removed. We may contact you if we require additional evidence to verify that you are the author of the review. Please note, even if we delete your Customer Review from the directory, copies of your review may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or saved by other users.
Social Media Accounts: You may choose to follow PlumbingServiceDirectory.com or our directories via provided links to Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest, or Instagram. We will have visibility into the connection information you share via these social media platforms. These social or sign-in connections with our directories may automatically provide us with access to certain personal data they have stored about you (such as content you have viewed or enjoyed, information about the advertisements you have been shown or clicked on, etc.).
Payment Information: PlumbingServiceDirectory.com does not process payments for any parties on our directories. When you are ready to pay for a listing to market your services, or other payment transactions allowed via our directories, your payment will be completed by a third-party payment processing company, PayPal or Stripe. PayPal or Stripe will accept and store your payment information, process your payment transaction, and provide confirmation back to you, the owner, and us as applicable that your payment has completed successfully.
Other Data You May Share with Our Company: In addition to your interaction with our directories, you may share information about yourself and your interests through:
- Information you provide when you apply for a job through our website. This includes any email address you provide to receive a reminder to apply for a position via “Remind me to apply later”.
- Information that you provide by completing and submitting “help” inquiries. This includes requesting specific services or support that may be tied to an account or other relationship you have with our directories.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us, including through the “Contact” or “Send Us Feedback” page of our directories.
- Information you share in the free-from text box on our email inquiry form that could include additional personal data we did not specifically request from you. Other information you provide in that text box that could be used to associate you to an existing account or other relationship with our company or directories.
How You Control Information You Provide to Us:
As noted above, you control how and what you share with our directories. Below are actions you can take:
- Only share your information when you want to be connected to a service provider, and be contacted about services. You can search and look without providing any information or identifying yourself.
- If you have an account, you can update and change the information associated with your account via our directories. The account information clearly shows what information is required to maintain your account. It is your choice to enter additional information on optional fields.
- Account holders may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. Some of your personal information cannot be deleted by us except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION WE RECEIVE ABOUT YOU
We receive certain information when you use our services or other directories or mobile applications that include our content, and from third parties including advertisers. We use such data, described in detail below, to operate our directories.
Location Information: We require information about current location, which we get from signals such as your IP address or device settings, to determine content and services available to you through our directories. We use an outside vendor company to resolve your IP address during a browsing session to a location. We do not retain your IP address as part of your activity or account.
Links: In order to operate our directories, we keep track of how you interact with links across our services. If you click on an external link or ad on our directories, that advertiser or website operator might figure out that you came from our site, along with other information associated with the ad you clicked, such as characteristics of the audience it was intended to reach. They may also collect other personal data from you, such as cookie identifiers or your IP address.
Cookies are not required for many parts of our directories, such as searching. Although most web browsers automatically accept cookies, many browsers’ settings can be set to decline cookies or alert you when a website is attempting to place a cookie on your computer. However, some of our services may not function properly if you disable cookies. When your browser or device allows it, we use both session cookies and persistent cookies to better understand how you interact with our directories, to monitor aggregate usage patterns, and to personalize and otherwise operate our services such as by providing account security and personalizing the content we show you including ads. We do not support the Do Not Track browser option.
Log Data: We receive information when you view content on or otherwise interact with our directories, which we refer to as “Log Data,” even if you have not created an account. For example, when you visit our directories, sign into your account, or interact with our email or contact forms, we may receive information about you. This Log Data includes information about your computer and internet connection, as well as details of your visit to our directories. Specifically, this includes traffic data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you accessed and used – some data may only be used during your active session (and then forgotten) while other data may persist such as your preferences or remembering you when you return. We may include IP address, browser type, operating system, the referring web page, pages visited, location (based on IP address), device information (including device and application IDs), search terms, and cookie information.
We use Log Data to operate our services and ensure their secure, reliable, and robust performance. For example, we use Log Data to protect the security of accounts and to determine what content is popular on our directories. We also use this data to improve the content we show you, including ads. We use the information you provide to us and data we receive, including Log Data and data from third parties, to make inferences like what topics you may be interested in which helps us better design our services for you and personalize the content we show you, including ads.
Other Third Parties and Affiliates: We may receive information about you from third parties who are not our advertisers or ad vendors, such as vendors and service providers who help us evaluate the safety and quality of content on our platform or our corporate affiliates.
Personalizing Across Your Devices: When you log into our directories on a browser or via our mobile application on a device, we will associate that browser or device with your account for purposes such as authentication, security, and personalization. We may also associate the activity you did on one and share it with the other. We do this to operate and personalize our directories and make them more relevant to you.
HOW WE USE, SHARE, OR DISCLOSE INFORMATION
The nature of our directories require that we share your personal information directly with the service provider you have identified in your interest/contact form to make these connections. You play a large part in what personal data we share and with whom we share it. However, in limited circumstances we may also disclose your personal data for additional purposes. We make such disclosures either (a) at your direction, (b) subject to your right to opt-out, (c) as necessary to operate our services, or (d) as required by law.
Sharing You Control: We share or disclose your personal data with your consent or at your direction to connect you with the designated service provider that offers services you are interested in.
While we don’t accept and process your payments, we facilitate the connection to our third party payment processing providers, Clear Commerce and Stripe, to accept your payment data, store that data as needed, process your payment transaction, and manage any post-transaction activities. Clear Commerce and Stripe may send us information that the charge failed or was otherwise fraudulent, or that there is a dispute on a charge made on our behalf. We may share additional data with Clear Commerce or Stripe to investigate and resolve activities resulting from the payment process.
- Comply with a law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request;
- Protect the safety of any person;
- Protect the safety or integrity of our platform, including to help prevent spam, abuse, or malicious actors on our services, or to explain why we have removed content or accounts from our services;
- Address fraud, security, or technical issues; or
- Protect our rights or property or the rights or property of those who use our services.
Non-Personal Information: We collect, share and/or disclose non-personal data, such as anonymized or “de-identified” information and aggregated information about our customers and directory users such as the total number of times people engaged our directories this month, the states those visits came from, or information related to advertising clicks or other metrics. This information does not identify any individual, without exception. All such non-personally identifiable information collected by us through our directories, and all aggregated/compilations of non-personally identifiable information that we create, are the exclusive property of NBN Enterprises. We may use any such non-personally identifiable or aggregated information for any purpose, including monitoring user traffic patterns, analyzing and quantifying user preferences, improving the design and content of our Services, and enabling us to personalize your user experience, and we may share it with customers, advertisers, service providers, and other third parties.
Other Uses: NBN Enterprises also uses information collected about you, as well as non-personal data, to provide and improve our services and products, including to:
- provide and deliver our products and services, assist with processing transactions and send related information such as confirmations and invoices;
- send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered by NBN Enterprises and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our products and services;
- revise, modify, and update existing services and products and develop new services and products;
- personalize the services and products and present you with advertising, content or features that we believe will be of interest or useful to you; and
- carry out any other purpose described to you at the time immediately before the information was collected.
Storage of Information and Data: NBN Enterprises is located in the United States, and all information that we receive or collect is stored in the United States and governed by U.S. law.
MANAGING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH US
You control the personal data you share with us and that we forward onto the respective service providers. You may use a contact form to have us connect you with a specific service provider who has the services you are looking for. While it is more likely you will communicate directly with the service provider, you can ask us to provide access to or to correct the data you have provided.
If you have created a directory account, you can update the account information or delete your account. Where applicable, we also provide you tools to restrict or withdraw consent for contacting you or the use of data you have provided to us. We make the data you shared available in our directories portable and provide easy ways for you to contact us.
Accessing or Rectifying Your Personal Data: If you have submitted a contact or interest form that we shared with the designated service provider, you can obtain a copy of what we sent by emailing us directly. We may include, as part of your contact or interest form submission, other information that is inferred from your visit or passively obtained via third-parties about you and your activity. This additional information is only included along with the contact information you provided to businesses that provide services.
If you have created an account on PlumbingServiceDirectory.com, we provide you with tools and account settings to access, correct, delete, or modify the personal data you provided to us and associated with your account.
Deletion: We keep Log Data for a maximum of 18 months. If you follow the instructions here, your account will be deactivated and then deleted. When deactivated, your account will no longer be viewable on our directories. For up to 30 days after deactivation, it is still possible to restore your account if it was accidentally or wrongfully deactivated.
Object, Restrict, or Withdraw Consent: When you are logged into your account, you can manage your settings and other account features here at any time.
Portability: NBN Enterprises can provide you a means to request a download or the information you have shared through our directories by following the steps here.
If you live in the United States, Canada, and Mexico, the data controller responsible for your personal data can be contacted at:
NBN Enterprises, LLC
Attn: Privacy Requests
3418 Humboldt St
Norfolk, VA 23513-5208
If you live outside the United States, Canada, and Mexico please reference the Residents of the European Union section below
CHILDREN AND OUR SERVICES
Our directories assume all users expressing interest in services from our service provider network are of majority age, can sign a contract, have a payment form issued in their name, and have a valid driver’s license. Our services are not directed to children, and you may not use our services if you are under the age of 18. You must also be old enough to consent to the processing of your personal data in your country or state of residence.
RESIDENTS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA
If you are a resident of the State of California, you may have additional privacy rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act. Learn more about these privacy rights by visiting our Privacy Notice for California Residents.
RESIDENTS OF THE EUROPEAN UNION
Currently the NBN Enterprises directories are not open for use by residents of the European Union. We block IP addresses that trace back to locations within the European Union or European Economic Area. If you are a resident of the EU and have accessed our directory from inside the United States, you may search our directories, create an account (tied to a non-European Union identity), or make connections with service providers on our directory. However, your transaction to book a rental reservation or interaction may be denied or blocked if you provide personal information that identifies you as a resident of the European Union.
Updated: April 13, 2020